|Increase in Covid-19 cases in our area|
An important update from Dr Bruce Laurence –
Director of Public Health, B&NES
We’ve seen a rapid rise in the number of Covid cases across Bath and North East Somerset. The Clutton, Pensford, and Temple Cloud areas are particularly high, with a rate of over 800 new cases per 100,000 in the week ending 6th January. This is mostly in people aged between 20-59 – those of working age. We are asking you to work with us urgently to contain this rise in cases.
We urgently need to amplify the message that residents in these areas, as elsewhere, must stay at home and leave only for essential purposes such as:
– Work – where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home
– Absolutely necessary shopping
– Health care
It is against the law to meet socially with family and friends, unless they are part of your household or support bubble. People cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes such as sitting in a park or a social meeting.
To get these messages across, we need your help. Below are some posts that we will be sending out on our social media in the coming days, and we should be grateful if you would amplify these through your own networks (social media, newsletters, emails, etc), tailoring them to your specific localities.
1. We are currently seeing a big increase in Covid-19 infection rates in the Clutton/Pensford/Temple Cloud area. It’s very important that now, more than ever, you follow the rules and stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
2. You should only leave home if it is absolutely essential. Do not travel if you can work from home. Covid-19 case numbers are on the increase in the Clutton/Pensford/Temple Cloud area. We need your help to get them down. Please, stay at home.
3. In the last two weeks, Covid-19 case numbers have risen dramatically in the Clutton/Pensford/Temple Cloud area. Please remember that you must self-isolate if you, or anyone in your household or bubble, has COVID-19, the symptoms of COVID-19, or is waiting for a test result.
We appreciate your help in reinforcing these messages to your residents. We can only control this together.
Please contact us if you have any further suggestions for this or wish to feedback your local knowledge on how we can support residents in driving cases down. More information can be found at www.bathnes.gov.uk/coronavirus.
The Community Wellbeing Hub can also help with food, medicines and other support. It can be contacted on 0300 247 0050.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Dr Bruce Laurence
Director of Public Health, Bath & North East Somerset Council
Covid kills – let’s keep working together to drive the numbers down.
More information on COVID-19 in BaNES can be found here.