Happy Christmas and thank you for all you have recycled this year.
There are NO collections on these bank holidays. Our Recycling Centres are also closed.
· Christmas day – Mon 25 December 2017
· Boxing day -Tues 26 December 2017
· New year’s Day – Mon 1 January 2018
You can check your revised collection dates by entering your address www.bathnes.gov.uk/checkcollection or on your collection calendar with your rubbish bin/bag.
Please make sure you put your rubbish and recycling out by 7am on your correct collection day or after 8pm the previous evening. Putting it out by 7am is really important as our crews will be getting used to new routes and you may find your collection times have changed. Remember to bring your empty containers back in as soon as possible on your collection day, to help keep our streets clean and tidy.
Please don’t put extra bags next to your rubbish bin/re-usable rubbish bag. Instead, on occasions where you may have extra rubbish please take it to one of our Recycling Centres – before you visit check that you have recycled everything you can. Recycling more and putting less out for rubbish collection helps to keep our service affordable.
Garden waste collections
There are NO garden waste collections from Monday 25 December 2017 to Monday 8 January 2018 inclusive. Normal garden waste collections start again on Tuesday 9 January.
Free Christmas tree collections
From 9 to 31 January 2018 we will collect your real Christmas tree for composting, as part of our every other week garden waste collection service. Please:
· Cut up your tree if it is more than 1.2 metres tall so it will fit in our vehicles
· Remove the pot and any decorations first
· Put it at the edge of your property on your garden waste collection day so that our crews can easily see it. Please check our website, local radio, facebook www.facebook.com/recycleforbathnes and twitter for updates to collections if we experience extreme weather this winter.
Recycle more this Christmas
It’s important to make full use of your recycling collection to recycle all you can and to create space in your new rubbish container. Please use the green box stickers included with your wheeled bin/re-usable rubbish bag as a guide to show how to sort your boxes. That way we collect only the items we can recycle, and our crews can sort quickly and correctly into our new vehicles. You can print more stickers from our website www.bathnes.gov.uk/recycle
Food recycling -use your collection for all food waste, including meat and fish bones, fruit and veg peelings, teabags and plate scrapings. Visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com for tips and advice to reduce the food you throw away and save you money.
Green boxes – add these festive items to your green box(es)
Box 1 – glass and paper
· greetings cards, wrapping paper (white backed, non-foil), greetings cards and gift tags
· glass jars from mincemeat, cranberry jelly – just rinse first
· Christmas jumpers, all clothes, shoes, accessories – any condition but they must be clean and dry so put in a plastic bag in your green box
· batteries – all types in a tied plastic bag on top of your box so they don’t get lost
Broken fairy lights and other small electricals – please place in an open carrier bag by your green box
Box 2 – tins, cans and plastic
· clean foil including mince pie, quiche and meat cases
· metal and plastic biscuit and sweet tins
· empty aerosols including cream, shaving foam, deodorant, air freshener Find out more about what you can recycle www.bathnes.gov.uk/wasteservices
And let’s start off the New Year with a resolution to recycle even more in 2018.